Can I email my images?
Yes! Essentially we reproduce what you send us. Scan the best image you have: use 300 or 600 dpi (Depending to the image size, small images require a higher dpi) with RGB color mode, and save the scanned photo as a JPG, JPEG, TIFF or PSD file. Then email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org or use our order form.
Do you email a proof before you proceed?
Yes! We will email you a proof at your request to ensure that you get exactly what you want.
My photo needs a touch up – can you do that?
You bet! We will make the following modifications without charge:
- Photo retouching
- Removing, retouching, and/or replacing backgrounds.
- Removing people/objects in the background.
- Converting color to black and white on porcelain.
- Mirror imaging (reversing the photograph).
We will do anything necessary to make the photo look great.
How do I install your Memorial Plaque?
You can use a syringe type system such as Loctite Quick Set Epoxy found at your local Home Depot or Lowes hardware stores. All you do is squeeze the epoxy onto the back of the memorial portrait and place it on the monument in the desired location. Hold the portrait in place for at least 5 minutes. You may want to attach supporting tape to keep it in place longer.
Your other option is to order 3M Scotch Brand VHB Acrylic double-sided tape from us, and we will apply that to the back of your memorial portrait, making it very simple to install on the location. Before sticking the portrait on to the monument, you should do the following:
- Wash the monument clean.
- Clean the surface of the monument one more time with a mixture of 50% water and 50% rubbing alcohol (isopropyl).
- Do not use anything else for final cleaning before applying the taped plaque on to it.
- Make sure the surface is dry before applying tape.
- Peel off protective clear plastic from the tape and apply to desired spot.
- TOUCHING THE TAPE WITH FINGERS DURING APPLICATION SHOULD BE AVOIDED.
- Press and hold firmly in place.
Final strength of the bond is reached within 24 hours.
Will my photos be returned to me with memorial plaque?
Yes. We will return your original photos with your order.
Special Service regarding memorial plaque
Background change Free
Without border Free
Full 24K gold border Add 25% to original price
Special retouch Free
Black & White 25% Off the original price
3M double sided adhesive Add 7% to original price
Do’s and don’ts for ordering portraits and submitting pictures by mail
- Do provide the best original photograph available. Crisp, clear, high quality photos are preferred.
- Do encourage families to keep a copy of the picture so they can submit the original.
- Do protect photographs when mailing by using a protective, thin sheet of cardboard.
- Don’t cut or alter photos – let us do it digitally.
- Do complete the order form with as much information as possible.
Call us at 713-956-1477 or contact us via email if you have any questions about your order.